Sandhurst Donkey Derby

The inside view of the last few weeks prior to the Donkey Derby, one of the major community events in the east of Berkshire.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Bank holiday tasks

This morning I was planning to go down to the Donkey Derby field to turn away any stallholders that hadn't been contacted, but fortunately, the weather is foul so I think that many of them would get the hint even without my being there.

I'm not talking about the people that booked the stall from me - I have spoken to all of them, first-hand. It is their helpers. Some of the stalls use 10 or 12 helpers and it's quite possible that some of them haven't heard the news.

Now that we aren't raising money for charity today, we will have to start planning to make sure that we raise as much as possible on the revised date - 27th August - the Sunday of August bank holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home